You all know that there are conversations going on about your business. There always have been and with social media opinions are more public and enduring. We also all know that what’s being said online is usually highly regarded by others.
Recent research supports this:
• 49% of local consumers are more likely to use a local business having read a positive online review
• 69% of local consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations.
So getting positive reviews is important. Monitoring and responding to negative ones is equally important. Here are some ideas about getting positive responses:
• Get the basics right; provide a reliable and friendly service that is value for money
• Engage with your customers so they come back
• Incentivise customers to comment about you
• Get customers to have their friends join you online
• Offer regular specials as reasons for people to come back.
Listening to what’s being said is easy. Google Alerts lets you know when your business/name has been mentioned. It can also alert you about many other things too, such as your competitors!
Go 2 Market principle: set about making a target for positive reviews, then plan to achieve that. AND make sure you’re monitoring, and addressing less positive reviews.